Here is a breakdown of where you guys should be at this point. Each one of the following sections should have a translation prepared for it:
- Lesson 1: Book 1.1-33
- Lesson 2: Book 1.34-80
- Lesson 7: Book 1.494-538
- Lesson 11: Book 2.268-297
- Lesson 13: Book 4.160-218
- Lesson 14: Book 4.259-299
- Lesson 15: Book 4.300-361
- Lesson 16: Book 4.659-705
- Lesson 17: Book 6.295-332
- Lesson 19: Book 6.450-476
Here is a breakdown of upcoming assignments – note the DUE DATES:
- HW: Abney’s Book One Practice (due 5/6) – this is due for HW.
- TEST: Book 1 (5/6) – will be a mix of translations and grammar.
- HW: Abney’s Book Four Practice (due 5/8) – same things as the Book 1 practice.
- TEST: Book 4 (5/8) – will be a mix of translation and grammar
- PROJECT: Analysis of TEST – this project I want you all to work on AFTER you take the exam. I want you all to assess your strengths and weaknesses and give me some feedback on where we need to fix things for next year. I also want you to share your insight with Latin III later on.
Make sure you complete the flash cards for words from the Aeneid that are used 23 or more times! You guys should be reviewing those words and working on your translations. We will be having some quizzes and tests coming up as we prepare for the AP exam coming up on May 9th at 12:00pm!!
In order to help you guys study, and build up your background information on the Aenead, I am going to start a few Docs in our group on Amicitia to aid you. There will be a doc for the following topics:
- Key Figures from the Aenead and Mythology
- Figures of Syntax and Rhetoric
Don’t neglect these docs. I expect that you will contribute also and, while you are in class, if you have a note to contribute go right ahead and do so! The more you contribute, the more you will know!
Here is an updated pacing guide for the rest of our readings for the remainder of the year in AP Latin.
We won’t have time to completely read all of the Latin selections from Vergil’s Aenead so we will have to skip around. Also, we are going to be having regular “tests” every other class and short analysis questions for homework. There will be occasional quizzes given on grammatical points but those we will get to once we review the appropriate forms.
Get your copy now!
Pacing Guide_AP Latin_2012-2013_UPDATED
Make sure that you have completed your multiple choice work for Chapter 1 and that you have the prep questions for Chapter 2 completed by our next class on 9/28.
You should also have a translation ready of all of the text for Book 1.2-3. We are going to move through these books much more quickly so we can have enough room for Vergil at the end of the year.